Dishwasher tub cracked

Old 10-03-07, 10:55 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher tub cracked

Hello. I have a 2 year old Whirlpool DU1100XTPS1 dishwasher that has developed a leak in the plastic tub under the heating element. By searching the internet, I found out there is a rework order for this model because an incorrect heating element was installed at the factory. Does anyone know whether the 20 year tub warrantly will pay for a new tub and heater element?

I will have to wait about 3 weeks for Whirlpool to come out to service this unit. In the meantime, I have tried to repair the hole in the tub with a conventional two-part quickset epoxy. Does Whirlpool similarly repair the tub or can I get them to replace it? The tub warranty statement is a "full" warranty with no mention of repairing, just replacing.

Thanks,
Rich

Old 10-03-07, 06:46 PM
G
A new tub should be replaced at no cost to you. It will come with a correct, new heating element.

Old 10-04-07, 09:16 AM
C
Thanks. I was not sure if Whirlpool would try to repair the tub or replace it. I suppose I should remove my epoxy patch before the tech shows up though.

Old 10-04-07, 06:07 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If yours falls under the model and serial numbers they will replace the whole dishwasher not repair it... Best not to use till checked..

http://repair.whirlpool.com/DishWasher1.htm

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: