need help!

Old 10-11-07, 02:18 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
need help!

I have an old Maytag electric dryer, and we used it and worked with the first load, when we put the second load it didn't work, the timer works fine in all the cicles but no HOT AIR. Is it something that can be replaced?. The model is:

Maytag
MOD DE 406
SER 01
SER NUMBER 106340WU
115/230V 3 wire 60 cyc. 4800 Watts

Any advice?, I apreciated. Thanks

Old 10-12-07, 12:49 PM
D
Originally Posted by ccmarnaj
I have an old Maytag electric dryer, and we used it and worked with the first load, when we put the second load it didn't work, the timer works fine in all the cicles but no HOT AIR. Is it something that can be replaced?. The model is:

Maytag
MOD DE 406
SER 01
SER NUMBER 106340WU
115/230V 3 wire 60 cyc. 4800 Watts

Any advice?, I apreciated. Thanks
Check to see if a circuit breaker has tripped. If ok, then there are several possibilities. You'll need to find the wiring diagram and use a voltmeter/ohmeter to check the thermostats [cycling and limits], centrifagul switch, and the heater element itself. If the diagram isn't there, do an online search for maytag dryer wiring diagram.
Appliance Aid has one. You could also look at amazon.com for the "cheap and easy appliance repair" book series.

Old 10-12-07, 03:13 PM
C
what do I have to look with the voltmeter?, I bought one, can you please tell me what to do?. Everything works, except that it doen't send any hot air. All the cycles work but not hot air, check to see if the heatingwire was broken or something but it's not, everything look normal, the only thing is the Hot air.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: