Whirlpool Dryer not getting hot

Old 10-19-07, 02:00 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Dryer not getting hot

Im sure this question has been on here a million times, however here goes. I have a whirlpool dryer mod # ler4634jq1 that is not getting hot. earlier this morning it dried a load but when i put another one in, after about an hour which is the max time on the dial, it seems like it continued to run, it was in the cool down area of the dial. i took off the heating element for exposure and kept it plugged in. yes i unplugged while i did this. then, let it run for awhile then touched the heating element, not even hot at all. so............is it the heating element? i called to price one, its 55.00 dollars. wow. please advise. thanks

Old 10-19-07, 02:20 PM
D
Originally Posted by tleeburks View Post
Im sure this question has been on here a million times, however here goes. I have a whirlpool dryer mod # ler4634jq1 that is not getting hot. earlier this morning it dried a load but when i put another one in, after about an hour which is the max time on the dial, it seems like it continued to run, it was in the cool down area of the dial. i took off the heating element for exposure and kept it plugged in. yes i unplugged while i did this. then, let it run for awhile then touched the heating element, not even hot at all. so............is it the heating element? i called to price one, its 55.00 dollars. wow. please advise. thanks
the most common failure on those dryers is the thermal fuse opens.It's on the same cavity the heater is mount in. Youu need to check it for continuity with an ohmeter. Is the dryer full of lint and dust? What about the outlet hose and piping? Are they linted up?

Old 10-19-07, 02:24 PM
T
not alot of lint but some. the heater is mounted down below in an aluminum tubbing kind of thing. i removed 2 screws and the bottom half of the tubeing came off which it has 3 electrical connections. at the top of the tubing is an electrical connection with two wires running to it. is that the thermal thing you were talking about? if i clean the lint off will it run then,

lets start over: looking at the back of the dryer with the back panel off, where is the thermal connector thing.

Old 10-20-07, 10:33 AM
D
Originally Posted by tleeburks View Post
not alot of lint but some. the heater is mounted down below in an aluminum tubbing kind of thing. i removed 2 screws and the bottom half of the tubeing came off which it has 3 electrical connections. at the top of the tubing is an electrical connection with two wires running to it. is that the thermal thing you were talking about? if i clean the lint off will it run then,

lets start over: looking at the back of the dryer with the back panel off, where is the thermal connector thing.

it should be on he outside of the casing the heater is mounted in

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: