whirlpool/kenmore icemaker not getting water

Old 12-06-07, 07:15 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
whirlpool/kenmore icemaker not getting water

I have a whirlpool/kenmore side-by-side fridge model 10650542001. Right before the icemaker stopped working we discovered ice(just frozen water, not cubes) all over the bottom of the freezer. later when going to shut off the water supply line i discovered we had had a water leak(wet basement ceiling tiles). now, the water dispenser works but the icemaker doesn't. icemaker doesn't appear to be getting water to it. frozen water line? water inlet valve? no further water leaks anywhere. probably a no-brainer for those in the business. thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-07, 12:52 AM
E
Not sure if this could be your problem. I once had an ice maker only and when the ice cube compartment filled up with ice cubes it automatically shuts off the water input to the ice maker. The ice cube compartment had an arm that would stick every now and then when it was filled with ice and would just stay it the up position.

It always got me at the wrong time,needing ice for fishing trips and camping.

Old 12-10-07, 11:55 AM
C
have now had a chance to check water lines, continuity of selenoid on inlet valve to ice maker, even took the valve apart as much as i could. no obvious problem with these. what problems in the ice maker itself could cause it not to cycle or signal the valve to let water in? i'm wondering now if the tray had overflowed, causing it to flood. makes more sense.