Leak from bottom of Bosch Dishwasher

Old 12-28-07, 08:53 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leak from bottom of Bosch Dishwasher

Hey all,
We have a Bosh Millenium Series dishwasher (model shu9906uc) and it has a heavy leak under the unit itself. Three months ago it developed a leak in the grey corragated hose running from the unit to the disposal/plumbing running out of our house. A service tech put a splice in the hose to repair it and the leak was fixed. I thought that maybe the splice repair had failed but it is intact so the leak is coming from elsewhere.

My questions are as follows:

1) Are there any simple things to look for when a dishwasher is leaking from the bottom?

Thanks so much for any input.

Vance

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-07, 11:32 AM
D
Dishwasher leak

Check the coupling on the bottom where the supply line hooks up to the dishwasher. It might need another turn on the nut, put toilet paper under the connection to see if that's where it's coming from.

If you take off the bottom front panel you can see the connection.

Old 12-28-07, 10:22 PM
G
If there is any leak within the dishwasher itself the water catches in the white pan at the bottom of the dishwasher. If you are getting water leaking on the floor I would double check the drain hose and as Duke of mentioned, the water supply connection.

Old 12-30-07, 06:20 PM
W
Thanks for the ideas!

Ran the dishwasher after taking the toe kick plate off and discovered the gasket on the lower left side of the door is what is leaking. The water/copper connection is fine. Ran a load today with a container under the leak and of course......no leaking! So it's leaking intermittently. I'll have to look into replacing the gasket on the door or on the washer chassis itself.

Cheers,
wvdthree

Old 12-30-07, 07:55 PM
G
Make sure you are using a high quality dishwasher soap in your machine, and don't use too much of it. Excessive sudsing can cause a leak like this.