Installing Frigidaire Single Wall Oven

Old 12-28-07, 04:04 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing Frigidaire Single Wall Oven

I have 3 wires coming out of the junction box. A black one, a white one and a bare one. My oven has 4 wires. A Black one, a white one, a red one and a green one. I assume the green one goes to the bare or ground wire. The black to black and white to white. Where should the red wire go? The instruction manual says I should have a red and a black wire coming out of the junction box, but there is none. HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-07, 04:15 PM
D
NO! DO NOT connect the white wire from the new oven to the white wire on the cable! The white wire on the cable should have been remarked as a HOT wire. The white wire on the new oven is a NEUTRAL wire. You are going to have to run a new 4-wire cable from the panel where the circuit breaker is located to the new oven. The new cable will have an insulated black, an insulated red, an insulated white and a bare copper wire for ground. What is the KW rating of the new oven? The rating should be on the data plate.

Old 12-28-07, 04:19 PM
D
Thanks !! The plate shows these: 2.6 and 3.4

Old 12-29-07, 03:29 PM
D
Do those two numbers correlate to 208 volts and 240 volts? In other words- the rating is 2.6kw at 208 volts and 3.4kw at 240 volts? OR- is one number for the lower element and the other number for the upper element = a total of 6kw? Does the nameplate or your installation booklet indicate what size circuit to install?