Kenmore Stackable Dryer - No Heat..

Old 12-30-07, 07:08 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Stackable Dryer - No Heat..

Happy Holidays everyone. I have a Kenmore Stackable Washer/Dryer and the dryer doesn't seem to be producing any heat. I want to take a go in trying to see if the heating element is faulty but I don't know how to access it

Any help is appreciated..

Kenmore Stackable
Model # 417.996.80210

Old 12-30-07, 10:08 AM
G
First thing to check is if you have 240 volts to the dryer. You will need a volt/ohm meter to diagnose the unit.

DISCONNECT POWER FIRST!!!

If you take the top off the dryer you can access the terminals to some of the thermostats and heater to check continuity. There are several components in the dryer that could fail causing the dryer to not heat. There should be other thermostat(s) if you remove the panel between the washer and dryer.

To actually get to the heating element itself, the front of the dryer needs to be disassembled and the drum needs to be removed.

Old 01-03-08, 07:05 AM
J
Originally Posted by gdoug View Post
First thing to check is if you have 240 volts to the dryer. You will need a volt/ohm meter to diagnose the unit.

DISCONNECT POWER FIRST!!!

If you take the top off the dryer you can access the terminals to some of the thermostats and heater to check continuity. There are several components in the dryer that could fail causing the dryer to not heat. There should be other thermostat(s) if you remove the panel between the washer and dryer.

To actually get to the heating element itself, the front of the dryer needs to be disassembled and the drum needs to be removed.
Thanks for the heads up. I will be tackling this project during the coming days. Are there any hidden screws when removing the front panel or disassembling the front to remove the drum?..

Old 01-09-08, 05:14 PM
J
** Update **

Ok.. the top of the dryer is removed. I can look inside from the top and see the drum. Far as the wiring and themostats, I don't know where they are located. I see some wiring on the front near the door (black/white wires). On the back of the drum I see a few other connections as well.

The front isn't off completely due the bottom is attached to the panel (w/the knobs) some how. How do I actually take the whole front off in case I need to remove the drum?...

Thanks

Old 01-09-08, 05:24 PM
G
There are two screws that hold the front panel in place on the inside of the unit. You should be able to remove two or three wiring connectors and the screws and remove the whole front panel with the console attached to it.

Old 01-10-08, 12:19 PM
J
Originally Posted by gdoug View Post
There are two screws that hold the front panel in place on the inside of the unit. You should be able to remove two or three wiring connectors and the screws and remove the whole front panel with the console attached to it.
I noticed two screws just below the control panel, where the bottom of the dryer slopes inward. So, I will leave those screws alone. How about the thermostats located near the drum?. I saw wiring, but don't know exactly where the thermostats are located so I can test the voltage..

Old 01-12-08, 06:28 AM
J
*** Update ***

I see the screws on the front panel inside the unit located at the bottom corners. I don't know how to access them. I see where they are screwed in, but I don't see a way to screw them out....

Old 01-15-08, 07:55 AM
J
qdoug?... Help me out sir...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: