Old 01-05-08, 02:51 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Dishwasher Leaking at bottom of door

Whirlpool Quiet Partner II
Type No. 575-0
MOD - DU1100XTPQ3
SER - FS0605675

Dishwasher is leaking water through the vent on the inside of the door out through the bottom front panel of the door. Seals around the door are fine. Gasket around motor appears to be fine. Not using any new suds. All screws are tight. Float switch appears to be working. It slides up and down effortlessly and I can hear and feel it clicking something. Any ideas? Pics are available at the link below. My apologies for the large file sizes.

http://webpages.charter.net/chadpearson/Dishwasher

Old 01-05-08, 10:42 PM
G
WAAAAAAAYYYYY too much sudsing going on there!!! Looks like dish soap was used in the dishwasher instead of dishwasher detergent. Need to run the dishwasher with about a cup of white distilled vinegar to cut the suds. The leak is coming from the over-sudsing.

Old 01-05-08, 11:14 PM
T
Never use dish liquid detergent in dishwasher. Use recommended detergent and cut back on the amount used. If dishwasher is an older model, seals may need replacing.

Old 01-06-08, 03:25 PM
G
I think you were right about too many suds. I've ran two cycles with vinegar and the suds have been reduced dramatically. No water is overflowing onto the floor. Hopefully that's all it was. Thank you very much for the common sense advice.

Old 10-10-08, 07:55 AM
A
Question Front panel leaks but not many suds in dishwasher

I have a Kenmore model 15765 which is leaking from under the front panel but there are not many suds in the unit. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Old 10-10-08, 09:23 AM
A
Cool Front panel leaks but not many suds in dishwasher

I take that back. I just checked with the kitchen staff (my lovely wife) and sure enough there was some amount of liquid soap in the dishwasher which she figured would be harmless. We'll do the vinegar remedy outlined above which should take care of the problem.

Old 10-28-08, 05:59 PM
G
Figured I would add here instead of a new thread. For the last month I have had this problem, enough leaking out during rinse cycle that I had to towel up a bit of it after it was all done, now last night I forgot to put something down there and came up stairs to a flooded kitchen. I opened the door and there was hardly any water left in the dishwasher. I'm not sure what is going on or what seals I need to check/replace. Been using the same dish detergent for the last two years (cascade 2n1)

Model is Whirlpool GU980SCGS2 same as the GU980SCGQ2 which you can find more info on. About 8 years old.

Old 10-28-08, 08:05 PM
G
I had a couple screws lose on the outlet cover (and one is even missing) The top outside seal was almost off, so I put that back in place. Ran a wash cycle with no detergent and was surprised at the amount of sudsing (not a ton, but wiht no detergent, there should have been none) so I put in some vinegar and let it run.

I tried to remove pump cover (to see if I could find this missing screw) ut I could not remove the big plastic washer/nut thing to get to the 4 screws holding the pump cover in place.

I'll see how this week goes I guess.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: