Dryer making high pitched squeaking nosie

Old 01-30-08, 08:36 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dryer making high pitched squeaking nosie

I have a GE DDE6500GBL electric dryer that all of a sudden makes a very high-pitched squeaking noise when it runs. What should I check for?

Thanks.

Old 01-30-08, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by bkesting View Post
I have a GE DDE6500GBL electric dryer that all of a sudden makes a very high-pitched squeaking noise when it runs. What should I check for?

Thanks.
a bad idler wheel on the drive belt or the belt itself. or both while you are there.

Old 01-30-08, 12:41 PM
B
Generally........are these things easy to replace?

Old 01-30-08, 04:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 67 Votes on 56 Posts
Or maybe even the little wheels the drum rides on in some machines.

"Generally" easy to work on. Sometimes takes two people to make it easier; an extra hand or two can help.

Old 01-30-08, 09:11 PM
A
GE dryers donít use support wheels. They have a rear bearing (just one single plastic insert dry slide). Front of the drum uses slides depending on the age (as I have never been good at Ge model numbers) there either 2 at the bottom front or at the top front. This unit does have an idler pulley (belt tension). I recommend replacing them all if youíre going to tear the unit down. these dryers are a little tougher than most dryers for the DIY there are allot of little things to notice as you tear it down (things that might be worn or metal that has worn thin due to the supports/slydes being worn out) my advise it to take Dig pics of the belt idler pulley before removing the belt as these are a bit tricking re installing them if you have forgotten how it was installed in the first place.

Old 01-31-08, 03:07 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You have he olde style GE dryer... I would say your rear drum bearing is bad here is a link for emoveing and / or disassemble of dryer

http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-dryers.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: