Washing Machine Vibration Pads?

Old 02-11-08, 03:51 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Washing Machine Vibration Pads?

Has anyone tried these washing machine vibration pads yet on a front load machine? I have the Kenmore HE5 and it works great but is pretty loud during the spin cycle…plus our laundry room is on the second floor so it vibrates pretty good.

It seems to me that this would help as long as the material is dense enough. I have come across several different types on the web but wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with a particular brand.

Thanks,
Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-08, 03:43 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
From a repair side not worth it.. If you want to eliminate some vibration.. Take a sheet of 3/4 plywood to cover the entire area of the washer and dryer.. screw into floor joists and also into the subfloor this will stiffin the give in the floor.. after in you can cover with the same flooring cover as the rest of laundry room to look nice... Pedistals are ok but as with everyhing heavy you raise it it get top heavy and more shake

Old 02-20-08, 03:07 PM
S
Lightbulb Fixed!

The extra plywood is a good suggestion if your floor is weak or has linoleum but our floor is actually tiled and pretty solid. Our problem is mainly that the washing machine would “walk” while it was spinning causing excessive noise. I added some dense ½” rubber pads that I got from Home Depot ($2.37 for a set of 4) and it took care of the problem. The washing machine no longer moves and the only noise that we hear is the spinning of the drum.

Don’t waste your money on some of these expensive vibration pads that you can find online…just go to your local home improvement store. This is a very easy/cheap fix if you already have a solid floor & your washing machine is level!

Brian

Old 09-20-09, 03:11 PM
T
Another simple fix

We live in a mobile home, and vibrations from our front loader were so severe that I was worried about it vibrating through the floor. Came up with an extremely simple solution that virtually eliminated the vibrations. I know it seems too simple to be effective , yet it works very well!

Old 09-21-09, 04:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Try this first when the machine is in high spin with a couple of towels in it adjust 1 of the front legs either up or down to smooth out vibrations. You will be suprised how little you turn the leg to smooth it out. What you want with these washers is that all 4 legs are solid on the floor. Before you do this make sure the washer is not moving when you push on it.

Old 11-02-10, 11:12 PM
S
Home depot washing machine pads

Home Depot (as of 11/2010) is now charging $30.00 for a set of four pads.

Old 11-03-10, 01:45 AM
B
Red face

i don't think waste your money on some of these expensive vibration pads that you can find online…just go to your local home improvement store. This is a very easy/cheap fix if you already have a solid floor & your washing machine is level!
ball mill

Last edited by blballmill; 11-03-10 at 02:51 AM.