Whirlpool Ultimate Care II model LSQ9549PW2 won't agitate or drain

Old 02-25-08, 04:45 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Ultimate Care II model LSQ9549PW2 won't agitate or drain

I have a Whirlpool washer that will fill and then stop. I had to pull the clothes out and then drain the water by hand. I've got basically the same problem as the user in the link below; however, my lid doesn't have a switch underneath, it has a metal lever going in on the left. It clicks when I shut the lid. I noticed that I can't spin the agitator by hand when it's filling now as well.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=280486

Old 02-25-08, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You will need remove 2 rear left and right corner screws on the back of console to open it up.. disconnect the switch and insert a bypass wire on the 2 outside wires and wee if it works.. if so switch is bad...

Old 02-25-08, 08:11 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Blaster! Turns out it is the switch. I had taken the motor off, etc. checking things out..at least I got familiar with the unit. That said, it looks like part of the middle prong on the plug that plugs into the switch kinda melted onto the middle prong of the switch. I would think there wouldn't be that much voltage going through there. Does this sound like something to cause major concern?

Thanks much for your help.

Old 02-26-08, 02:28 AM
Usually caused by a loose connection... seen it a few times but not too often,,,,

Old 02-26-08, 02:33 AM
Usually caused by a loose connection... seen it a few times but not too often,,,,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: