Whirlpool duet washer error F 29

Old 02-29-08, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Whirlpool duet washer error F 29

brand new washer on second load shows F29 looked in book did what it said, called lowes....they said make an appoinment with service.... i figure its a code, should be easy to indentfy i can't find that error number by searching anywhere, anyone else have this washer? and/or issue? whirlpool duet model # wfw9200sqa10

Old 03-01-08, 01:55 PM
apperntly f 29 is something to do with the door mechanism, somehow hubby got it to work, then on the next load after it spun it did it again, after fooling with it he managed to get it to work again, but its like he has to stand there and touch it just right(i can't even get him to touch me just right LOL) anyhow....seems to be a balance thing perhaps but he says he wont sit there and hug it all day while i do laundry......we adjusted the feet, till the machine would not move at all, soon as it spins it does it again....it had 8min to go, went thru it down to 1min(took longer than 8min to get there)then when it was almost done, again f29.....

Old 03-01-08, 02:13 PM
Whirlpool and Maytags ( SAme company BTW) can be very "PICKY" to unbalanced Loads. try rearranging the clothes in the drum.

If this is a Front loader, there should be a "DOOR LOCK" light on the machine. Make sure it stays lit when the door locks.

A carpenters level across the front and sides of the machine to level it....

Anything further than this ....you have a warranty..let them do something for the ridiculous amount of money the charge for these things.

Old 03-01-08, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Remove the ower panel the tech sheet is there and lists all code and tests

Old 03-01-08, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Unclediezel View Post
Whirlpool and Maytags ( SAme company BTW) can be very "PICKY" to unbalanced Loads. try rearranging the clothes in the drum.

If this is a Front loader, there should be a "DOOR LOCK" light on the machine. Make sure it stays lit when the door locks.

A carpenters level across the front and sides of the machine to level it....

Anything further than this ....you have a warranty..let them do something for the ridiculous amount of money the charge for these things.
can't get the door open to get there to do that, if i could get the needed clothing out of the washer then i would, but the issues is the clothing is very very needed......sometimes the door lock light is on sometimes not.....since its new i'm not fimilar with when it should or should not be locked, but when the lock light is not on i should at very least open the door.

Old 03-01-08, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by bambiblaster View Post
Remove the ower panel the tech sheet is there and lists all code and tests
okay, thanks how do u do that?

Old 03-01-08, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by plzspoilme25 View Post
okay, thanks how do u do that?
n/m i got it thank you thank you thank you, y couldnt they just tell me that on the phone.....easy piece of cake reach up and manually open the door, thank you so much

Old 03-01-08, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Very bottom of the front there are 3 screws (torx) remove them lower panel comes off... on right side is the tech sheet... if you reach your hand strait up from inside below the door switch there is a tab you can pull slightly to release the door switch to get clothes out

Old 03-01-08, 09:42 PM
can't get the door open to get there to do that, if i could get the needed clothing out of the washer then i would, but the issues is the clothing is very very needed
I'm Sorry...
Duh....I didnt even think about that...I'll be ok in the morning.

Old 03-02-08, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by bambiblaster View Post
Very bottom of the front there are 3 screws (torx) remove them lower panel comes off... on right side is the tech sheet... if you reach your hand strait up from inside below the door switch there is a tab you can pull slightly to release the door switch to get clothes out
thanks, the lowes guys came today with a new washer, and told them this is what i did. LOL, they didnt understand, so i showed them the tech sheet, because of course they had to see it for themselves that it didnt work, and of course after i had done this lastnight, and left the washer alone when they came plugged it in is seemed to wash fine, after tinkering with the washer for 1/2 hour, they decided that we'd do a load of laundry, that took and hour and 20min everything went fine, till the last 30secs of the load it stoped did the code thing, and locked up again....so he ask again how i unlocked it before we went thru it he reached up and (of course) pulled the same wire my husband did the first time,(that had to be reconnected) and then found the right thing, and magically it opend the door (so now the lowes delivery ppl learned a new trick for the next washer i guess) so THEN they installed the new washer WHICH WORKS PERFECT they say maybe i should go ahead and support the flooring a little better so probably will get some kind of temp thing to stabalize the washer a bit more. THANKS for ur help i appreciate it (maybe the lowes ppl do too)

Old 03-02-08, 09:26 PM
I'm Sorry...
NP thanks for ur help....still got the new washer, and really when it came down to it, nothing more than a faulty door sensor in my opinion, still seems like someone thru all the ppl we went thru should have known something about the manual door release....just seems like something that should be there.....and be KNOWN to any front load washer and dryer owner i do feel better knowing about it now thats for sure. Kids do the darnest things in the blink of an eye sometimes that might require a quick trick like a manual door release....

Old 08-04-08, 12:02 PM
J
Thanks for the info!!!! , this is the first time I used a blog that actually helped , Iwill try this after I send this note. Do you recommend getting a new replacment washer ?or will this error problem go away after i reopen the door ?or is this something they can fix easily under warrenty?? I have a wedding and guests in 3 days. go figure.

I'm Sorry...

Old 08-04-08, 12:33 PM
J
well i got the door open , cut main power then checked and wigled wires to check connections. then put power on closed the door . pushed start - nothing for a few seconds then a F22 error...I'm calling the repair man - but i got my clothes out . thx

Originally Posted by johnnyflames View Post
Thanks for the info!!!! , this is the first time I used a blog that actually helped , Iwill try this after I send this note. Do you recommend getting a new replacment washer ?or will this error problem go away after i reopen the door ?or is this something they can fix easily under warrenty?? I have a wedding and guests in 3 days. go figure.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: