Whirlpool refrigerator, no water or ice

Old 03-30-08, 06:42 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool refrigerator, no water or ice

2 year old whirlpool side by side fridge, model #ed5ghexnl00. Four months ago, ice maker stopped working, now the water is not dispensing either. Filter is new, and I just installed a new water inlet valve thinking that would fix the problems. The water is not frozen in any of the water tubing from what I can see. Also, the bottom hinge on the refrigerator door has worn away, and now the whole door sags half an inch, but the gasket still seals pretty good. (a design flaw, I guess) The water pressure is more than sufficient. Ready to take fridge outside and beat it relentlessly with a twenty pound sledge. Can anybody help me please? I don't want to have to put the hurt on my fridge.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-08, 07:56 PM
G
Before going too far,
Make sure youíre getting adequate water pressure to the inlet valve. In much of the line installations they use a shutoff (or piercing valve) that just straps across a cold water pipe. Over time the valve can get restricted and start causing problems with the Ice maker and water dispenser. One thing you can do is shut the water off to the frig then pull the line off the back of the unit and place it in a large bucket. Then turn the water back on and make sure you have good pressure coming out of the line. This may not be the trouble, but itís always wise to check the water source before moving on to areas of the frig itself.

Old 04-01-08, 01:46 PM
J
I think I would send a nasty something to Whirlpool-refr.
falling apart in 2 years.We havn't had that problem in many
years-have contract w/ our Gas Co-it covers Refr., range,
dish washer, wash machine, dryer, water heater, furnace &
central air--we started about $15 now up to$23 per mo.--
sound like a lot of $$$ but it has saved us a ton of money &
5 tons of grief......