Washer Machine Won't Rinse!

Old 05-11-08, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Washer Machine Won't Rinse!

Hi, I have a Maytag washer machine and I've replaced the cycle timer on it twice.

The new problem that is confusing me is that it wont go into the rinse cycle. I noticed this during my weekly wash and I heard a humming from the washering machine and I went to inspect.

I found that it sits at the beginning rinse cycle and I hear the motor hum. If I move the timer past the rinse cycle to the "spin" cycle, it would spin my cloths.

What is wrong with my washer? I don't want to get a new washer because I know it could be fixed. I just don't know what the heck is wrong with it for it to be sitting there humming like that. If it's the timer, I'll be glad to spend another 75USD the third time but I doubt it. Thanks

Click HERE for image. The image is quite large for detail purposes. Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-08, 03:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Does your machine have it so wash-water fully evacuates first?, or not?

The hum shows it is trying to do something (as opposed to just being dead). Maybe drain pump gets stuck? That is why I am wondering where the water level is at in the cycle.

On your previous 2 timer installations - did that fix your problems? How far apart from each other did you have to put in the new one. Being you put in 2 seems like it is not inconceivable that yet another one went bad.

But that does not explain the hum, as that means something is energizing, either a motor or solenoid, that just is not doing anything. Like it is jamming, like how garbage disposers do, and hum. If it was a bad timer contact, you'd think there'd be no sound, unless, there is partial voltage getting through, but not quite enough.

Take a look inside and try to isolate if sound coming from motor or if there is solenoid causing this.

Old 05-11-08, 05:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
most washer use cold water to rinse. try to use a cold water wash and see if you get the humming noise and no water. If you do the water mixer (inlet ) valve is bad

Old 05-17-08, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by mpower View Post
Hi, I have a Maytag washer machine and I've replaced the cycle timer on it twice.

The new problem that is confusing me is that it wont go into the rinse cycle. I noticed this during my weekly wash and I heard a humming from the washering machine and I went to inspect.

I found that it sits at the beginning rinse cycle and I hear the motor hum. If I move the timer past the rinse cycle to the "spin" cycle, it would spin my cloths.

What is wrong with my washer? I don't want to get a new washer because I know it could be fixed. I just don't know what the heck is wrong with it for it to be sitting there humming like that. If it's the timer, I'll be glad to spend another 75USD the third time but I doubt it. Thanks

Click HERE for image. The image is quite large for detail purposes. Thank You
What model Maytag do you have? Top load, or front load/ First, it probably is not your timer, The first thing I would check is the screens on you cold water hose, and the screen at the cold water valve. Very possible they are plugged.

If you have a Neptune, it could be a couple of things, all associated with the cold water, and cold water control. If it is front load Neptune I will guarantee the problem is NOT the timer.