Terrible Electric Dryer..HELP

Old 05-14-08, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Terrible Electric Dryer..HELP

I HAVE to get a new electric clothes dryer...I bought a Kenmore two years about ago...it never worked correctly..in that it took "hours" to dry anything...it was not one of their cheap ones and I paid for large tub size and other extras....I called their repairmen who just kept saying "nothing" is wrong...oh but there is and I just want it gone...so, any advice....on a brand and such that will heat up...this one and I am NOT lying can take three hours to dry four normal towels....the lint vent in right inside of the door....when it is opened...my old one was not it was on the top of the dryer and long and pulled out..I have cleaned the vent in the dryer...the tub venting the dryer...etc. and even took off the tub and replaced it...
....It has the "sensor" to sense the dryness of the clothes...that is a joke as well...it will run ..cycle down and the stuff is WET...and then even on timed ...it takes HOURS to dry....I could not get around to doing anything with it when I should have...Family crisis..after crisis...several deaths...Hurricanes...etc.etc...I can't afford a new one...but I can only imagine the electricity being wasted that I pay for to dry for hours...and the fuse is fine.
I had a Kenmore for 32 years,the same one, before this one ..and yes the new one has to be electric...
any suggestions...brands...and someone who will stand behind the product...I have no faith in Kenmore anymore for this and other reasons...I don't want Kenmore now..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-08, 03:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Couple of things to look at before spending on new dryer, Try disconnecting vent at back of dryer and see if clothes dry normally, It so you have a vent problem, Is the vent to long, Are there to many bends, Have you had a vent company put a camera through vent to see if clear all the way/ Air coming out of dryer with vent hose off should be the same as air leaving the house. Look for drops in pressure.
You have the type of dryer I recommend, I always recommend a Whrilpool type dryer, as I find them most reliable
Whrilpool, Kenmore roper are some of the brand names.
I can't think of other than some strange type of problem that could be wrong with your dryer. Dose the dryer keep heating all the time it's drying or dose it quit heating after several minutes?
Another thing as you push dryer back into place are you pinching vent tube?

Old 05-15-08, 06:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dis you start another thread about the same thing?

Put a thermometer (capable of up to say 160 degrees) inside the 4 inch vent, to see what it says.

And like said - the force of the air venting, comparing to vent disconnected to that when hooked up. These first steps wil tell alot.

Note that on temp thermomenter reading ,it will continously fluctuate from a high reading to a low reading, as that is the fucntion of the operating thermostat inside. So you have to watch the thermometer for quite a few minutes, while on high heat, to see where the high is and where the low is and how long it stays at each.