Frigidaire oven caught fire.

Old 05-22-08, 03:54 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire oven caught fire.

So the element caught fire and broke into pieces today. Just wondering is it possible to replace just the element and if so how hard of job is it? Thanx

Old 05-22-08, 05:09 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes. Just be sure to inspect all associated wires at receiving ends, and nearby wires, if actual flames erupted.

Easy job whether for top burners or oven elements. Ask if you need more answers.

Unplug range before working on it!

Old 05-22-08, 05:22 PM
J
Originally Posted by ecman51` View Post
Yes. Just be sure to inspect all associated wires at receiving ends, and nearby wires, if actual flames erupted.

Easy job whether for top burners or oven elements. Ask if you need more answers.

Unplug range before working on it!
Thanx, That's what I needed to know. Know I just gotta go find the model number and start searching for the part.

Old 05-22-08, 05:41 PM
E
If your oven element indeed did burnout, then that is the root cause in and of itself. They do burn out. Sometimes when they go, they sound like an arc welder going off. Molten metal from the outer element casing goes flying and you may find beads of it here and there.

If say the stove had a dead short, instead, it would not also 'take out' (burn out) the element. It would only burn up the wires and/or trip the breaker/fuse.

Old 05-22-08, 06:01 PM
J
Quick question, I'm trying to find a replacement element. The one that needs replacement is the bottom one. But the sears site brings up multiple results. Which one of these would be the right one? Heres a LINK I'm thinking it would be the one that says " element, bake body" The third from the top, But I'm not sure.

Old 05-23-08, 05:49 PM
E
Element, bake --in the body of the stove. Yes. (I thought that was the top one listed. )

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: