Kenmore Country Kitchen Electric Range

Old 05-29-08, 09:57 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Country Kitchen Electric Range

I have a Kenmore Country Kitchen Electric Range, Model # 143-6106810. Runs on a 50 Amp line and is a reproduction old fashioned style range (looks like an old wood burner - controls hidden behind small doors. Cast Iron claw feet and decoractive trim with a sheet steel oven/rangetop body and a warming oven and fan compartment in a riser above the rangetop). Oven is not working properly at all, and replacement burners seem to be varying with the amount of power they get. Some too hot, some too cold.

I'm looking for any manuals or wiring diagrams available. I have several exploded views of the range that came tucked into the warming oven up top. Happy to scan and share those if anyone needs them. Can anyone help with scanned copies of a manual or instruction pages? Or suggest a site that might archive such things? No joy from Sears... They don't seem to have the paperwork I need.

Also, can anyone confirm approximate date of manufacture on this model? Pics available but this site doesn't seem to allow uploads...

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-08, 05:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you have any stove/oven diagnosing skills I don't think then you'd need manuals.

You make sure that if bake and broil simultaneously do not work, that you make sure your stove is set to "manual" on the timer, if you have that feature.

You test for 240 at recepticle.

You ohms test elements. (May get reading of about 26 on big burner and 16 on small ones. Any reading in these vicinities will be good.)

You 240 test recepticles or connectors for burners/elements when turned on, if need be.

Hopefully, if need be, you can easily access wiring from the back of unit and find common 120 line and then find the otherr 120 line that goes to the individual switches and see when you turn on each switch that each one gives you the full 240 volts. Usually you are not going to have say all 4 range top burner switches out at once. Therefore by turning each one on at a time, while you test the various spade terminal connections on the switch (with your voltmeter) , you should be able to find out if one or two of these switches is bad. Each switch - at least all the small burners, should all be identical, and test out the same way.

Old 05-29-08, 09:46 PM
Well I'm pretty sure I can manage all that. I am by no means an electronics whiz, but I do have access to a voltmeter and should be able to run through the tests you list here. Thanks for the specs I should be looking for! I'll run the tests next week when I return from my weekend trip and post results if need be. Thanks again.

Old 05-30-08, 05:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
As compared to say working on an multiple cylinder car tying to find one bad plug or wire or ?, as opposed to a 1-cylinder lawnmower, you also have an advantage with the stove, that you can compare all your spade or other terminal readings between identical burner switches and burners.

Old 04-22-09, 11:19 AM
Kenmore Country Kitchen Range

I too have one, was given to me. Was in so so shape. I cleaned it up and am ready to sell it. I don't have any paperwork for it, would like anything you could send me.

Old 05-03-09, 08:04 AM
Country Kitchen Electric Range

I have an owner's guide but it is more about how to use it, not take it apart. We have a model 143-6600670 that is also in "so, so" shape. We also have had trouble with the oven and burners.

rmikola59- What kind of shape is yours in? I might be interested.

Old 12-09-09, 05:14 PM
I have been cooking on a Kenmore Country Kitchen for 17 years. We have had to "manufacture" new hinges and replace several parts to keep it in working order.
The previous home owners son said his mom Puchase it in the early 1970's. Hope that helps.

Old 12-10-09, 04:10 AM
Gas Model on Ebay

Just noticed here is one on Ebay (pickup only) Plymouth IN. Gas model. Would be a source for some parts $100

country kitchen range, great deals on Antiques on eBay!

only 12 hours left on it