Ge Fridge TFH27PR - Icemaker gear missing spoke

Old 06-05-08, 12:27 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Ge Fridge TFH27PR - Icemaker gear missing spoke

Hi All,
I have the old type GE Icemaker, not the IM6. It stopped making ice, so I pulled up the bar and started using ice cube trays... ugh! Upon further investigation, I noticed it was leaking, even with the arm up, from the front and back of the ice tray itself. (No there is no leaking from the tray itself, just overflow.) The fill cup in the back was also filled to the top with ice. The water line in the back was NOT frozen. The water dispenser works perfectly fine... and I might mention that the waterline is hooked up to my reverse osmosis so it's always clean.

When I pulled the cover off the front of the icemaker I noticed that the SMALL GEAR that connects to the big white gear seems to be missing a spoke. Is that normal? And if it is not normal, would that be a cause for leakage? Also, I brought the icemaker to the parts guy, (who wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for a new one - double the internet price - said that he didn't know about the gear but the part that pushes the ice cubes out of the tray was facing the wrong way. (The pushers are pointing to the left, the same direction the stationary ice dividers). I never saw a picture of this icemaker as it should be so I don't know whether or not he was right. So do I need a new icemaker or a new valve?

Last edited by carise; 06-05-08 at 12:29 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 06-06-08, 07:10 AM
H
If the arm is up, that should shut off everything, including the water into the icemaker. You will have two water valves in the back of the ref. One for the icemaker, and the other for the water in the door. It sounds like the water valve is letting water in when it should not. It sounds like you might also need a icemaker kit, which included the valve, and the new icemaker. Good luck.

Himeros

Old 06-06-08, 03:11 PM
C
Thanks for responding. I think I'll try the new valve first then. And see if that fixes the problem.

Old 07-17-08, 07:31 PM
C
OK, I fixed everything else... Now for the gear

I need the little gear on the old ge icemaker. Can anyone tell me the part number? The icemaker is wr30x0306

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: