Dishwasher Not Draining

Old 06-15-08, 05:03 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher Not Draining

I HAVE A FRIGIDAIRE DISHWASHER. IT HAS BEEN DRAINING FINE UNTIL YESTERDAY. I NOTICED WATER AT THE BOTTOM.I TOOK DRAIN HOSE OFF TO SEE IF IT WAS DRAINING WHILE IN CYCLE,BUT NO WATER CAME OUT. THE HOSE IS NOT CLOGGED UP. DO I NEED A NEW MOTOR? I HAVE NO AIR GAP NOR A GARBAGE DISPOSAL. I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR 4 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-08, 11:49 PM
S
Take off dishwasher kick panel and remove drainhose at pump body. Have towel ready and be prepared for a flood. Blow thru drain hose see if clear, put screw driver in pump body see if clear. if all clear you need to investigate further. If unit has a drain solenoid see if that's engaging. Remove bottom spray arm and filter assymbly see if drain impellar is intact has fins still is not stripped on the shaft etc.

Old 06-29-08, 07:35 PM
T
Frigidaire Dishwasher Won't Drain II

I too have a Frigidaire dishwasher that has stopped draining (Gallery Ultra Quiet III Model FDP635RFR2). For several months we have used Arm 'N Hammer Super Washing Soda (sodium carbonate -- NOT sodium bi-carbonate) to clean the system every other week or so (especially when draining was slow). However today, this treatment is not working. I suspect that either the Drain Pump itself is clogged OR the Drain Pump motor is dead/moribund (it makes a pathetic sound and struggles to pump a little water into the drain --- but it cannot empty the sump).

The model we have is a "portable" version -- it is in a roll-around carcass --- but is presently hooked up directly to the water supply and drain (i.e., we are not using it in the portable mode). The carcass does NOT have an access panel in the front, nor any access from behind. The top does not come off. I believe I have to extract the machine from the carcass to access the drain pump (etc).

I have downloaded the parts manual, the wiring manual and the owners manual but none have instructions (hints) as to how to disassemble the machine from the carcass. Does any one have experience with this model and can tell me how to pull it from the carcass so I can clean out and/or replace the drain pump? (I'm hesitant to yank it out -- but if that is how you do it -- fine.) If so, I'd appreciate the help .... (as luck would have it, we have out of town guests coming for a week starting July 5th ---- at least I only have the somewhat distressing "dishwasher won't drain" problem and not the much more disturbing "dishwasher caught fire" problem commonly reported in these forums ......).

--- Tom

Old 07-15-08, 10:47 AM
T
Problem solved (part 1)

Solved my access problem -- the bottom of the DW carcass is open -- just disconnected it and tipped it back ..... now to find a replacement check valve ....
-- TN