Frigidaire Gas Oven Control Knob is misaligned

Old 06-20-08, 02:31 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Gas Oven Control Knob is misaligned

I have a Frigidaire gas oven, Model Number FGF316BSB. It is four years old. I turned it on to the broil setting for about 90 minutes. When I rotated the knob to turn it off, the knob went past the "off" marker. I moved it back to "broil," but it went past the "broil" mark. When I turned it back toward the "off" marker, the dial stopped at the "300" mark. At that time, the dial was really hot, and I had to use an oven mitt to rotate it.

After it cooled off, the dial seems to be misaligned. The dial clicks off at "300," and all of the settings on the dial appear to be off by 300 degrees. To broil, I have to go way beyond the "broil" marker. How can I fix this?

Old 06-21-08, 11:45 PM
S
pull off knob and look at it.
Many knobs have a plastic " D " shaped insert that can split and crack allowing the knob to spin freely more or less.
If thats the case glue or replace knob. Many knobs also may have a metal clip that is inserted in the plastic knob to give it more strength. Make sure the clip has not pushed down the shaft below the knob. If so put the clip back into the knob.

If not the problem check to see if the whole control itself has come loose and is turning.

Old 06-23-08, 07:47 AM
M
How would I be able to tell if the control has come loose and is turning?

Old 06-23-08, 04:33 PM
S
Remove the knob then grab the shaft and wiggle. Does it feel loose or sloppy or does the shaft feel secure

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: