Refrigerator - External Water Filter?

Old 06-30-08, 10:18 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Refrigerator - External Water Filter?

I've got a refrigerator/ice maker that was installed by the previous owner. The refrigerator has an internal water filter, but the homeowner also installed an external water filter between the refrigerator and the water outlet. I think the external filter may have been in place before they bought a new refrigerator with an internal filter, but I cannot confirm that. The external filter manufacturer no longer produces the water filter and has confirmed that replacement cartridges are not available from any source. I've checked with a number of neighbors. None of them have an external water filter for their fridge and none are claiming any water flow problems.

My question - Is there any reason to believe I need an external water filter, given that I have the internal filter and change it routinely? Thanks for your help.

Old 06-30-08, 05:45 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You do not need an external filter if your refrigerator has an internal water filter. You can eliminate the external filter and hook you water supply directly to the fridge.

Hope this helps...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: