Maytag washer MAV7057. No Power!

Old 07-01-08, 05:27 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag washer MAV7057. No Power!

Maytag top load washer model# MAV7057 AWW
Help please. No power at all. Washer I have for about
5years. Been working excellent until last week. Checked the breaker and test the outlet already, seems fine. I've opened the back electric panel of the washer and been searching on this forum to try to fix this. So far I took out the 'switch' and that is all I've done to it. Behind the front main knob is a circuit box with a bunch of wires, don't know what that box is. Before I replace the switch "which I don't know if that is the problem" I need you guy help Please. Thanks.

Old 07-01-08, 06:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
unplug machine first
Should be a wire digram in that control panel ohm the lid switch through the complete circuit. usually 4 wires to check. I sure but some of these have a fuse under front panel. Take panel off ane on left side about 1/2 way up there might be a fuse there. Have seen lid switch go bad and blow fuse

Old 07-01-08, 06:44 PM
B
Yeah, I found the wire diagram and my unit doesn't have any fuse. I'll definitely try to change out the fuse. Thanks.

Old 07-03-08, 11:43 AM
B
Originally Posted by bigdaddymax View Post
Yeah, I found the wire diagram and my unit doesn't have any fuse. I'll definitely try to change out the fuse. Thanks.
THE SWITCH, IS WHAT I MEANT. HOPE IT POWER UP.

Old 07-03-08, 12:32 PM
W
I heard Maytag was going out of business.

My 2-yr-old Maytag dishwasher with a blown circuit board is waiting in the basement for me to design/build a new sequencer.

They quoted me a $65 repair charge and when the guy showed up he asked for $130. I refused.

Then he was begging Maytag from his own cell phone on his own dime to charge me only $65. They lied to him about their first quote and refused to authorize his reduced charge.

Then they sent me an extended service agreement with a lengthy contract in tiny print; but, the first line of the contract said that "this is not a contract", and to see what the contract really says you have to buy the extended plan first.

I must be in Wonderland, but I don't see Alice yet.

Watch out for these dudes.

Old 07-03-08, 03:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Maytag bought by Whrilpool just have seen some whrilpools with a maytag name on it. Maytag still junk.

Old 07-08-08, 04:42 PM
B
I went to a local Maytag/Whirlpool store in Houston Tx. and one of the sales/service rep. told me that most likely it's a 'timer line switch'. which the store does not have in stock. And to top that of, it's $90+ dollars which I have to pre-pay with no refund if I wanted to order it.

Old 07-08-08, 04:48 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Frustrating sometimes. Electrical parts are usually never refundable, once removed from the package, which would be the case if you tried it out. But you could always sell it for SOME money on online auction maybe, to recoup some money, if say that was not it. Just a thought.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: