Maytag LA712 Washer

Old 07-05-08, 03:58 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maytag LA712 Washer

An old machine, but still working, I need to get inside the machine to service it. I think you have to raise the top lid to allow the front panel to be removed. It won't budge. Is there a special procedure or "trick" to this, or is it simply rusted shut? Or is there some other way to remove the front panel?

Old 07-05-08, 04:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Look in fold of the front panel usually 2 screws there. One on each side. If not look under front of machine to see if there is a clip on each side of panel if there I think panel pops off the clips.
What do you want to do in there. Nothing to service. If gearcase leaking oil replace it. I think belt is under machine, might be 2 belts there depending on machine. here is a link to your machine, just put model # in

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...20080114x00001

Old 07-05-08, 07:48 PM
A
Thanks a million! I had run my fingers along the panel ridge, but had missed the screws. With both out, the panel simply pivoted and came free. My concern has been a small, intermittent water leak, which I first thought was associated with the angular position of the basket during filling. Lately it has been occurring at previously "safe" positions of the basket. With the front off I hope to get a better picture of where the leak is originating.

Old 07-06-08, 05:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Lift top of machine 2 3/8 screws in top from inside cabinet near front. Top left water inlet there is a plastic square box with water line to it that discharges into washer. Rubber piece over water line usually where leak is. here is a link to parts
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...b%20Components
Can't make out the picture to well but you will need the rubber part

Old 07-19-08, 08:12 PM
A
maytag la712

I have the same leak. I took the control panel off but can not get the top of the machine off. What is the part number to replace? is it usually the plastic box or a tube?

Old 07-20-08, 05:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Take front panel of machine off (2 screws in fold of front), Panel will pull out and off top clips. 2 3/8 screws under top on sides and top will pivot back you can see what I was talking about. Please post what you did thanks PS I would reinstall control panel first

Old 07-20-08, 03:00 PM
A
maytag la712

Ok.

Thanks for the info on removing the screws. I got the top off and found the leak. It really isn't a leak. The inlet hose that leads into the tub passes through a clear white open topped box. The box is overflowing and leaking onto the floor. Any ideas on how to stop this ? The box is plastic and the hose end with the clamp has a rubber stopper thing leading into the box between the two lines.

Old 07-20-08, 03:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Look back about 4 post will tell you what part you need. please post when fixed.

Old 07-21-08, 08:20 AM
A
Maytag LA712

Fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Replaced the rubber injector. I lubricated the inside of the new injector with dish soap to get the nozzle in. I did the same to get the large end of the injector into the fat part of the water line hose. Service call would have cost $65.00 for diagnostic + 50.00 per hour labor and 13.00 for part. saved $115.00

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: