Moved Freezer on Back. Out of Luck?

Old 07-12-08, 09:56 AM
V
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Moved Freezer on Back. Out of Luck?

Several Years ago, I acquired a nice upright freezer for my garage. It worked great when went to pick it up, however when I got it to my house and plugged it in it did not.

Come to find out that transporting an upright freezer on its side/back is not a great idea.

So here is the question, is there any thing I can do to get this thing working? I have tried it several times through years and it still does not work. Is it just garbage now? (I hope not).

Any info would be appreciated.

Vaccano

Last edited by Vaccano; 07-12-08 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Update question
Old 07-13-08, 09:15 AM
H
There is a long shot try to make it start. Buy a 3 in 1, hard start device, wire that in and try it. If this won't work, nothing will without a compressor change out. This device has the overload, start relay, and start capacitor, giving the compressor more starting power than what you have now.

Himeros

Old 07-13-08, 02:33 PM
B
IS this a manual defrost freezer or a frost-free model? It may just be stuck in a defrost cycle if it is a frost free model. Do you hear any noises eminating from the compressor area when you plug it in? A buzz and click would indicate a compressor problem and as himeros said, you may want to try a 3 in one or hard start kit before giving up. If you dont hear anything check for loose or misconnected wires UNPLUG FIRST. good luck
BOB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: