Kenmore frontloader wont spin

Old 07-15-08, 08:00 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenmore frontloader wont spin

Model # 417 41042000

Frontloader

Seems like every function works except spinning. Lights, fill, drain, but drum wont turn. Belt ok. spins freely by hand. Is there a way to benchtest the motor? Too many wires going into it to be simple

Am well equipment with test gear etc, capable electronically. Point me in the right direction please.

Visually inspected motor and board. motor looks ok, windings are not burned. Board has evidence of heat around resistor bank R8 through R13
Board is SOLE SBS20016E .M has been repleaced once already by sears.

Mark

Old 07-15-08, 09:13 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenmore washer wont spin - SOLVED - door switch

What's that unwritten rule that says the simplest answer is usually the correct one?

The problem with my washer was the door switch. it is actually more than just a switch it is also a locking mechanism. For those that experience same problem, there are two sets of contacts inside the "switch" housing (which comes apart). I tested the contacts with a voltmeter.

The contacts going to the selonoids were showing resistance, which is good because its a coil. Open circuit is bad here. I tested the other two pairs of contacts which are operated by the selonoids and one was good the other showed open. So I inspected the contacts and they were corroded and burned.

I used a piece of san paper to clean the contacts, carefully reassembled the switch (there is a small white plastic piece and a spring that you have to get set right).

Reassembled everything and washed a load of clothes yippee.

Mark

Old 07-15-08, 03:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
2 main problems with that washer 1 is the door switch, lock assy. the other is motor control board. Board is lower rear left corner. May have a burnt resistor. Don't know about repair of board or lock always replace them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: