Whirlpool wont spin

Old 07-15-08, 10:06 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool wont spin

The other day I washed my comforter. Sat in my room and started watching tv. I noticed the hall was full of water. The washer somehow flooded my hallway and two bathrooms. I cleaned up the mess. and tried to figure out where the leak came from. No visible signs of water near the drain in the wall or on any of the tubes in the back. I tilted the washer and it appeard to come from somewhere inside in the back. I decided the next day to run a load and watch to see if it leaked and where the water was coming from. No leaks, washer ran fine. Thought maybe I had not stuck the blanket down far enough the day before and it was my fault. So I ran another load and this one stopped. I pushed down on the lid and it began agitating again. Then it stopped. The timer stoppped working and no matter what I've tried I can not get it to spin or drain. Moving the timer slightly does not help and like I said the timer stops and does not advance. Does this sound like a timer issue or a lid sensor type issue. I have tried opening the lid and pressing down on the lid sensor and it does nothing. Could I of set it off balance by tilting it back looking for the leak? Thanks in advance

My model is

lsl9345eq1

Old 07-15-08, 10:28 AM
B
Sounds like a defective lid switch. Did you here an audible "click" when you depressed the lid switch lever? If not the lid switch may be broken. I am not sure how your machine is wired specifically but typically the whirlpool washers will still agitate with a broken lid switch, just not spin as it is a safety feature. Chances are if you had a bulky item (like your comforter) it would float up inside the tub and when the machine goes into spin snag the tounge of the lid switch and break it. The part number for the switch if you need it is 3949247 and they run about $44. If you need help installing it post back and we can help you through the process.

Old 07-15-08, 03:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Yes sounds like lid switch. here is a link to your machine.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...b%20Components
Part 11 is what you need, can usually get locally.
May have another problem also with water on floor. Will give help with switch install and what else might be wrong. To drain water put hand under top at switch and push up switch and push lever down with pen

Old 07-22-08, 04:24 PM
T
You know I didnt mention that the tub is still full of water. So could it be clogged causing the original over flow? It obviously wont spin because it didnt drain?

Old 07-22-08, 05:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
The machine will spin with water in it. try the thing with lid switch first, look back in post on how to do this, it will drain water and spin. Trans has a neutral in it so the first time you try to drain it only the pump will work the next time the tub will spin. Timer has a built in pause that allows it to go from drain to spin.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: