No heat in brand new dryer!

Old 07-21-08, 08:22 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No heat in brand new dryer!

Hi, We just bought our first home...haven't done much handy work in the past. It came with a very old dryer. The dryer worked perfectly until one day I turned it on and when I came back it was still running with wet clothes and no heat. Not knowing anything about dryers I figured this one was done for so I bought a new one. They just brought the new dryer and the same thing is happening. I checked the exhaust and it's not clogged so I'm at a loss as to what would be wrong with it. Please help! I have three kids and lots of laundry!
Anna

Old 07-22-08, 04:11 AM
S
u said its brand new, so i would simply utilize the warranty

Old 07-22-08, 04:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
First check breakers, turn them off than on and than check to see if you have heat. Do you have a volt meter? please give model # and name so we can see what dryer you have. please post what happening

Old 07-22-08, 05:16 AM
C
If the old and new dryer both have the same problem,then it's not the dryer.Sounds like you lost one phase of your 220 volt line.I'm guessing the house is as old as the dryer.Try resetting the circiut breaker as sugested.If that doesn't work ,I would think the circuit breaker or the dryer plug is bad.Uh you did put a new cord on the new dryer ?

Old 07-22-08, 01:15 PM
B
thank you!

You were right! It was the breaker. We replaced a fuse and it works now. Thank you so much for your advice!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: