GE Profile Harmony WPGT9350C Problem

Old 07-22-08, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Profile Harmony WPGT9350C Problem

After 4 Years I got my first Error on my Washer. Running Diagnostic Mode states "motor not rotating properly".

I checked the stator, 8 ohms all 3 windings. Check board, looks to be good (supplies power)

Has any one seen any issues with any of the magnets on the drum or with the hall effect sensors.

When motor is supplied power, it will not turn. It becomes stationary until power is no loner supplied.

I'm looking for ANY known issues, before I pull it apart.

Old 07-22-08, 02:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Don't work on to many of those but I would look under basket to see it anything got between basket and tub.

Old 07-22-08, 02:55 PM
I haven't really found any info online. I just hate to have to spend $80 for a service call, a couple of hundred on parts, and who knows how much on Labor.

Maybe it's time for that new Front Loader the wife has been wanting, LOL.

Old 07-22-08, 04:39 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You did not say if the machine functions at all with this error code, during this code or after you clear the code?

Often error codes give one cause without addressing what caused the listed problem to happen. For example; maybe the motor is not spinning at a speed the computer thinks it should be for that cycle. The lack of spinning could be caused by something holdong back the motor, rather than the motor being faulty, as an example.

Furnace and power vent gas water heaters diagnostic boards are good for this, I know. If one was not privvy to this fact, you could be replacing wrong parts needlessly!

Old 07-23-08, 04:03 PM
It does not function at all. As soon as it attempt to power up the stator it has the error (motor not turning properly).

The drum does not turn, the magnetic force just holds it.

I'm not sure, but leaning towards a bad main board. The stator look good and the drum/magnets are good.

Old 07-23-08, 04:22 PM
E
Magnets? What magnets?

"Drum/magnets". ???

The drum does not turn, you say. By what method?: When you set it to start?, or, you can't get it to spin by hand?

As far as the board being the cause, I am not up to date yet on these newer digital appliances. And unless someone else here has the answer - how I'd personally aproach this is to test mechanical functions by hand to rule out a bad motor or binding that keeps the drum from turning properly by hand, first, before condemning the board. One thing I am not is a 'throw parts at (whatever)' type of guy.

Old 07-23-08, 06:18 PM
There is a stator in the center. Then there is a drum with magnets around which attached to the tub. Power is applied to the stator thru 3 winding (assume 3, since there a 3 wires). This causes the drum with magnets to spin. When power is applied to stator, unable to move drum at all.

Can view parts manual at

http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/parts/

Model: WPGT9350C0PL

Old 07-23-08, 06:43 PM
E
This is something totally new to me. Sorry. Can't help you.

Could you provide a more direct link? I'd like to see/read about the technology.

Old 07-24-08, 04:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Please give error code will try to look up but not until next week. Off till than.

Old 07-24-08, 10:39 AM
Well, I got the machine to complete a spin only cycle by manually spining the drum to start the cycle. When it completed the cycle I got an error to check the Thermistor. I assume I got that error because the tub did not stop spinning at the end of the cycle.

I am going with that the 2 large capacitors on the main board have failed.

At $245 (including shipping) I still think I'll come out cheaper, even if I have to buy another part.

Old 09-24-08, 10:45 AM
I finally got around to putting the Main Board in (bought the wife the LG Steam Washer and Dryer) and it didn't fix the issue. So I guess I got to do some more research.

FYI for other with "A Problem has been detected with this Unit"

To enter Service Diagnostic Mode

On the Help Screen press My Cycles and Back at the same time until it enters diagnostics. Provides info on problem. You can press My Cycles and Back when the the screen displays "A Problem has been detected with this Unit" to enter diagnostic.

Also, from the Help Screen you can press Start/Stop and Help to run some test.

Spin Cyle, Continouse Spin, Fill/Drain/Spin, Program Cycle, Spin/Brake,LQC Spin, Test Load, and LQC Alpha.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: