Frigidaire Dryer ruins clothes

Old 07-22-08, 07:20 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Dryer ruins clothes

My dryer spins and heats well, but occasionally catches clothing and ruins it by twisting it beyond recognition or leaving a huge rest stain. I looked inside at the crevice between the drum and the wall and did find n elastic strap with a rusted snap caught in between. That may explain the rust stains, but there seems to be more of a gap on the bottom of the drum than the top, as if it were sagging somehow. Is there a part that can be replaced that will correct the "play" in the drum and minimize the gap?

Any advice would be appreciated.....my wife is tired of losing nice clothes to the dryer!

Old 07-23-08, 04:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Pretty easy fix, the seals around the drum need to be changed, They get loose and rusty and than ruin clothes. If you had posted model # I could get you a link to the parts you need or go to a appliance repair shop and get them You will need your model #. About 1 hour job. Seals are glued on. If you are planing on doing this I would also spend the extra time and replace the plastic drum bearing behind drum. Not the ball part attached to the drum less than 10$ part and will stop future problems. UN PLUG DRYER BEFORE ANY REPAIR
please post repair or if you need any help with tear down

Old 07-27-08, 06:25 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks, i'll get back to you if I run into any problems.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: