Washing Machine acting wierd!!

Old 07-25-08, 03:25 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Washing Machine acting wierd!!

Hey Guys!! Since a week, my washing machine is acting really wierd! It is making too much of noise and its giving electric shocks while pressing the buttons. The machine is 8 yrs old and it has got repaired around 5 to 6 times. Everytime I get it repaired some or the other problem pops up..Do you all think its worth repairing it again? Or should I buy a new one. If i need to buy a new one which one I should go for? I have heard Indesit SIXL145 Spin Washing Machine is a nice machine. I have no clue at all which one to buy. Money is not an issue. You guys got any suggestion for me? Do help me..Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-08, 05:39 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Are your outlet terminals all good so that the neutral and ground are hooked up good all the way back to the electric panel box?

I hope you do not have a 2-wire outlet (even 3-slot outlets can be 2 wire, unbeknownst to some people, if only 2 wires are actually hooked up to it inside the box!) and are using one of those 3-prong adapter plugs plugged into it.

How are you touching those buttons, exactly? And what are they made of, that they give you a shock? Are you resting your other hand on the machine? Or are you bare footed on a damp concrete floor when you get shocked?

Can you isolate where this strange sound is coming from? Like can you tell if it is from say the motor? Do you have any knowledge of trouble shooting for a short circuit, say even in a motor?

If you have no skills, you can at least open up the control panel and also the motor access area, and look for any signs of pinched wires that have bared themselves to the metal somewhwere, maybe caused in one of the prior 8 times of work on the machine, where someone left a wire hanging in wrong place. You CAN at least start looking for that sort of thing.

Money no object? That reminds me that I have to make out and turn in bills to my boss today.

Old 07-25-08, 06:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 29 Posts
Please give name and model # so we can see what machine you are talking about. Ecman have good things to start but we need more info. I always recommend a standard top load Whrilpool, Kenmore or Roper for reliability and cost of repairs, If looking for a more fancy machine Top load go with Osais (SP) from Kenmore, Whrilpool has a similar one. If you are looking for a from loader LG steam Whrilpool, Kenmore. Stay away from ,Bosch,GE, Maytag.

Old 07-28-08, 10:57 PM
P
Hey guys,thank you so much for your advice. I think Ecman has really given me a direction to go..I'll check out all the things he has suggested and then I'll get back to you guys with more info.Thanks once again.

Old 07-29-08, 05:13 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
And if you are any good at testing, you could try to find wiring diagram in console and determine which wire is hot to the timer, and also to the motor. And then with a voltmeter, see if either of these is letting hot 120 volt current pass directly to the case of either of these. It should not, if these are good. To test, you put red probe on hot wire copper and the other black probe onthe metal case of the timer; then do the same test with the motor . All hot juice should go to neutral, not to any metal of the motor, or timer, or inany way to the shell of the entire washer, etc. Nothing should be going to ground. But in your case we know it is, so something sis wrong, like things mentioned up to now.