not spinning

Old 07-25-08, 06:42 AM
O
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not spinning

I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II and it has quit spinning. I can hear the motor trying to spin it but nothing is happening.

Old 07-25-08, 07:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Please give model #, Several things could be happening, If motor is humming I would take cabinet off and take water pump off and check for baby sock in pump. That is what I find in most pumps, If not a top loader need model # and brand, Repair is only for Whrilpool, Kenmore, Roper. Be careful 25 gallons of water in machine and will come out when you take hoses off.

Old 07-25-08, 08:08 AM
O
model is LSQ8243HQ0. Motor is not humming but I can hear it turning. Sounds like it is trying to spin but the tub just isn't moving.

Old 07-25-08, 10:02 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Here is a link to what may be wrong than
http://repair2000.com/coupling.html
Don't think you will see the black stuff there talking about as the newer one's either crack or wear out the center hole, Dose the water drain out in the spin cycle but the tub dose not spin?? if that's what it's doing than this is what you need.
here is a link to part look under clutch, ---- Part 13
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...HQ0.&pop=flush

Old 07-25-08, 08:43 PM
O
Thanks very much!!! That is exactly what it was. Followed the link and it was very helpful and gave me instructions for the whole thing. It took me about 15 min to tear it down, and once I got the part, about 15 or 20 min to put it all back. Machine is now spinning again. Thanks again for your help!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: