Electric Maytag dryer wont work.

Old 07-27-08, 09:03 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maytag atlantis MDE7600ayw
Its getting power because the light inside goes on when I open the door, but that is the only sign of life in it. Made sure on the brker panel that nothing is tripped. Opended back panel to fiddle with the start button but nothing.
Any ideas on the problem, or how I should diagnose the problem.
Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Old 07-28-08, 06:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Are you getting 220 at outlet (light will come on if 1 leg of 220 out) UNPLUG DRYER FIRST You need to take apart dryer to check thermo fuse. here is alink to your dryer
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...0ayw&pop=flush
Under heater part 11 is fuse. Let us know what you find or need any more help. If fuse is bad you probably will need to clean out vent to outside to stop future problems.

Old 07-28-08, 07:30 AM
M
no luck so far

at wall I am getting 125/125/and 250 depending what holes I stick the meeter in so I am pretty sure I have the needed power.

as per your link I checked the thermo fuse by the heating element, continuety is fine, also checked thermo fuse in front by thermostat and the thermostat aswell, continuety on thermostat was ok on one circut and non on other, but I think that is normal, i think its another thermo fuse and asuming its the thermostat

is there maybe another third thermo fuse by the motor some place? its hard to see the motor

Also checked the start button
and the timer control, the timer control has alot of wires but I checked it and I think its fine

Old 07-28-08, 09:04 AM
M
also

I checked the power on the terminal block,visually it looks fine no corosion whatsoever
there is 3, inside one and any of the 2 on the side I get a 125 reading, if I check the 2 side ones I get like a 1 or a zero reading. but at the wall I get a 250, is this fine?

I checked the wires going in to an out of the heating element and I get conectivety,

so I need to see how the check the motor now to see if it works

so at this point its ether the motor or some other part Ididnt think of? or just a short someplace?

Old 07-28-08, 05:21 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make sure you are getting power through the door switch. That is a primary safety switch and machine will be dead if it is shot.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: