Kenmore 110.62852101 will not start...

Old 07-29-08, 04:47 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Kenmore 110.62852101 will not start...

First post here...please help!

Just today our Kenmore (Model 110.62852101) dryer stopped working. When you push the power button it just buzzes and the dryer refuses to start. It worked fine up until today. I am mildly mechanically inclined so a repair is not out of the question as long as it is fairly simple.

Any ideas about what's going on?

Thanks.

Old 07-29-08, 05:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Check your model # will not come up. Buzzing or more like a hum. If hum most likely needs motor. Try opening door and hold down door switch have somebody push the start button and try to turn drum to start. First see if you can turn drum by hand. If drum dose not turn or turns freely let us know. Keep us posted we like to learn

Old 07-29-08, 05:29 PM
M
Originally Posted by pugsl View Post
Check your model # will not come up. Buzzing or more like a hum. If hum most likely needs motor. Try opening door and hold down door switch have somebody push the start button and try to turn drum to start. First see if you can turn drum by hand. If drum dose not turn or turns freely let us know. Keep us posted we like to learn
The sound is more like a hum.

My wife helped me by holding the door switch down and pushing the power button. I turned the drum, which turned with some effort. The dryer sounded like it wanted to work (the drum turned a bit easier and there were sounds from within the machine that indicated there was machinery working sorta) and it put out heat.

Old 07-29-08, 07:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
think it's the motor. usually will run if you give it a little start. Motor start circuit bad. When you pull it apart make sure the belt is not stuck in idler pulley.

Old 07-29-08, 09:31 PM
H
If I were doing it, I would take that dryer apart, and see if there was anything stuck in the blower fins, belt in right place, support rollers not bad. Just take a good look at everything. Turn the motor shaft by hand, it should spin really easy. Let us know more info.

Himeros

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: