Frigidaire Gallery-front load washer/dryer

Old 07-29-08, 11:18 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Frigidaire Gallery-front load washer/dryer

I just moved into a new apartment. This apartment had a 4-pronged dryer outlet. My dryer, from its 1999 purchase, has a 3-plug prong. This set still works well. I've had to unstack the unit though, after changing the apartment's 4 prong outlet to a 3 pronger (easier & much less expensive than changing the power cord & extending that cord along with extending the dryer-vent tubing--they're across from eachother in the laundry nook). Now, while the dryer tumbles & lights-up, when its door is open the dryer's not heating up. All but its heating element works as usual: I beleive I wired the plug-in in the right way, it just will not heat/dry the clothes now. Please help by offering ideas on what may have went wrong with my dryer's heating/drying ablitiy. Thanks!

Old 07-30-08, 04:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
First do you have 220/ 240 at outlet? Turn breaker off and on a couple of times some times they stick. After that we will have to go inside to see whats happening, Please give model # so we can see what dryer you have, please keep us posted

Old 07-30-08, 06:24 AM
S
Thanks for noting my problem! I'm not sure of knowing/finding wether it is a 220 or 240 (voltage--I assume) outlet for the dryer, how can I determine? The box containing the new 3-pronged outlet states "30A 125/250VAC, 3-pole, 3-wire". My tripping (tried 3 times) of the breaker which is 2 30A breakers fused together, has had no effect. The unit still runs except for there being no heating of the unit. The outlet I installed is of 30amps--though I'm not sure if that's of value. The dryer model is FSE748GFS0.

Last edited by swm1229; 07-30-08 at 07:57 AM. Reason: additional description
Old 07-30-08, 02:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Do you have a volt, ohm meter? can get a cheap one at radio shack I think. Will need one to do any checks.

Old 08-03-08, 07:57 AM
S
I wound-up changing the power cord which in itself WAS much easier! The dryer works well. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: