Whirlpool Calypso FL code

Old 08-01-08, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Whirlpool Calypso FL code

I saw there was a post on this error code, but no solution as to how to fix it really. Just an explanation of it meaning flood condition. I need to know how to fix this to get my washer back in working order. Or why it did this in the first place. I can say that the washer sounded like an air raid siren before the final FL code came on the display. There is 2 or so inches of water in the machine. I have let it do the 30 seconds off 30 seconds on thing for quite some time in hopes that it would drain, but it has not. Any repair men out there that can tell me what I need to do to get this back in working order.. I mean do I have to take something off replace something ? What? I have a family of 5 and we are going to the laundry mat today ... and I hate that... YIPES HELP SOMEONE!!

Old 08-01-08, 05:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Sounds like you need a pump. There is a new pump and motor assy that replaced the current pump. here is a link to Sears put your model # in and find pump
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...20080114x00001
Also take the wash plate off and look down the holes on the left rear Use a flashlight and turn basket until you see a white plastic recirculating valve with 2 holes and make sure there is not something stuck there. Don't think you will find anything because of noise you heard. Probably the center splines wore out in pump. Bra under wires like to get stuck in recirculating valve. give model # so we can see which machine you have, Please keep us posted and if you need help with pump let us know.

Old 08-01-08, 07:59 PM
It is model number GVW9959KQ .. TOP LOADER

FREAKING PAIN!@!!!!

Sorry, no parts available for this product.
We're sorry. No serviceable parts are available for this product.

Is this it?? http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...odel_id=263713

Old 08-02-08, 05:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
That looks like the part. Calypso keep me in busy. Not as much as a few years ago. Should take about 1 hour, can walk you through it you need it.

Old 08-02-08, 12:33 PM
Wink

Thank you so much. I have to order the part which is over 100 bucks.. but if thats what it takes then thats what it takes.. I will let you know when I get the part.. I will be a frequent flyer at the laundry mat this week.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: