Maytag washer clothes too wet...

Old 08-03-08, 09:35 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag washer clothes too wet...

I have a Maytag Ensignia Model #: MAV4757WW about 2 years old.
The problem is the clothes are too wet after it is done washing. The problem started last night.
Can anyone help me? My husband is gone on a business trip but I am very handy with tools and mechanical incline
Thanks,
texan

Old 08-03-08, 09:55 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Listen to the washer as it goes through the cycles. After the final rinse, it should have a spin cycle. Either it is not spinning or has a very short spin cycle. Either one could be due to the circuit that times the spin cycle.

Old 08-03-08, 10:44 AM
T
Originally Posted by goldstar View Post
Listen to the washer as it goes through the cycles. After the final rinse, it should have a spin cycle. Either it is not spinning or has a very short spin cycle. Either one could be due to the circuit that times the spin cycle.
Yes, it does spin and everything. It just that the clothes are too wet..no water is in the washer after is finished.

What can I do? Change the timer?

Old 08-03-08, 02:50 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If it starts to spin in the cycle when it should, and shuts off at OFF, then it's not timer related. If the clothes are not spun tight against the basket, from centrifugal force, it is not spinning fast enough. Or, you are washing way too many heavy clothes at once. Is your machine a belt drive? Maybe belt slips?

Do you know if your machine is the kind that first drains out, then spins? Or does your machine spin and drain at the same time? If the latter, maybe the water is getting out too slow due to something pump related.

Old 08-04-08, 11:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
You can check the belt('s) by pulling machine about 2 feet from wall and lean it back until it stays back. look under machine and belt are there. should not be oily, shiny on inside cracked or a burnt spot in one part of belt. If oily you need a transmission.

Old 08-04-08, 08:04 PM
T
Originally Posted by ecman51` View Post
If it starts to spin in the cycle when it should, and shuts off at OFF, then it's not timer related. If the clothes are not spun tight against the basket, from centrifugal force, it is not spinning fast enough. Or, you are washing way too many heavy clothes at once. Is your machine a belt drive? Maybe belt slips?

Do you know if your machine is the kind that first drains out, then spins? Or does your machine spin and drain at the same time? If the latter, maybe the water is getting out too slow due to something pump related.
The machine drains first and then spin..also the load is not heavy at all. I check the water pump and is in good and working condition, also very clean. Could it be the belt?
I cannot think of anything else.....

Old 08-05-08, 03:26 PM
T
Originally Posted by pugsl View Post
You can check the belt('s) by pulling machine about 2 feet from wall and lean it back until it stays back. look under machine and belt are there. should not be oily, shiny on inside cracked or a burnt spot in one part of belt. If oily you need a transmission.
I put new belt today and the same problem continues,,,
I was wrong!! the machine does not goes into the spin cycle at all!!!! it agitate during the spin cycle and spin a few seconds and thats it.
IS the timer going bad?

Old 08-05-08, 03:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Back to where you put the belt on the center pulley is It white plastic or medal? either way the pulley should turn in both directions, Make sure you turn it several turns and not binding,

Old 08-05-08, 07:42 PM
T
Originally Posted by pugsl View Post
Back to where you put the belt on the center pulley is It white plastic or medal? either way the pulley should turn in both directions, Make sure you turn it several turns and not binding,
The center pulley is plastic and it turns in both directions very easy.

Old 08-06-08, 04:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think you need a transmission. One other thing to try is take off the plastic cap in the center of the white pulley and turn pulley. look at shaft and see if it rides up when you turn the pulley, Can't remember which way to turn pulley, may have to take front of machine off to see if trans lifts up. should lift about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. if it lifts you need a transmission. let us know how it;s going

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: