Icemaker on strike!

Old 08-18-08, 01:45 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Icemaker on strike!

I have a Frigidaire side by side fridge with ice and water door dispenser. I have had this fridge for almost 4 years. A couple of times since I've had it it seemed like it just makes ice when it wants too. Then eventually it will go back to working fine and producing ice as normal. It has since done this again, but this time it is not producing any ice and hasn't made any in probably 2 months. I'm at a loss here and looking for some insight. Hopefully someone can help and get my icemaker back to proper form. Thanks!

Old 08-18-08, 02:13 PM
H
Is there any ice in the icemaker cavity? If not pour water into the cavity, and see if it makes ice within 2 hours. Give us some feedback.

Himeros

Old 08-18-08, 06:26 PM
J
Have you done the really obvious things like ... Do you have a filter? Has it been changed lately? Is the arm on the icemaker in the down position? Is there water coming to the refrigerator, no kinks in the line from moving the fridge lately?

Sometimes it is the really DUH things that get us.

Old 05-10-09, 10:04 AM
Z
I am having the same issue. I bought a new water valve but it did not solve the problem.

I have alse tried jumping the icemaker to force a harvest and this did not seem to work either. I place an insulated wire into the holes on the side of the maker and nothing happened. Is this my issue?

Thanks
John

Old 05-12-09, 06:06 PM
D
Can you post your brand and model #? The icemaker arm is down? Is any water coming into the icemaker? What is the temperature in the freezer section?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: