Need help with GE washer and dryer

Old 08-25-08, 07:47 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help with GE washer and dryer

I have recently lost an earring in either my washer or dryer - I don't know which one. They're both GE and less than 4 years old. Not only do I want my earring back, but I'm worried that if I leave it, it will ruin my appliance, whichever one it's in. I guess I should start with the washer. Someone told me that if it's in the washer, it's probably gotten under the agitator (because the earring is bigger than the holes in the tub) I read on another forum that I can remove the agitator just by pulling up. I want to make sure I'm not going to break my washer by doing this. Also, is there anywhere else in the washer the earring could have gone?

What about in the dryer - where do I start in there? Other than the lint basket of course - I already checked and I'm not that lucky! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 08-25-08, 04:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Give Models # so we can see what machines you are talking about. Agitator pulls up and off. sometimes are stuck pretty tight. Most things that small usually get stuck in the clothes yo had in machine. Anything that small should not be a problem to your machine. If in washer the worst thing it is jam up water pump which is a easy repair.

Old 09-19-08, 09:48 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sorry, jrooney, your earring is probably history if it got thru the holes in the drum. Those drain pumps have pretty large internal clearances and will pass objects the size of a medium button. If the earring were really heavy and compact then it could be somewhere in the pump volute (body of the pump) or drain line, but most likely it's down the sewer already. The only thing I've seen yet that jams a drain pump is a bra underwire.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: