Crosley Washer Severe Wobble

Old 08-27-08, 05:47 PM
Crosley Washer Severe Wobble

Ran good for 3 years. Now every second load on spin cycle a severe wobble (load imbalance) happens for no good reason. Washer isn't overloaded.

Tipped washer on face and checked is all was tight underneath. Noticed 4 springs that hold the tub and appear to be OK.

The wobble is so severe that self leveling feet get hung up and do not level themselves unless I shake the washer around to release them.

Any ideas on cause or what to look for.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-08, 03:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 13
Please give model #, I think that washer is based on Maytag but not sure. Maytag have had balance problems.

Old 08-28-08, 05:15 PM
Crosley walking washer

Originally Posted by pugsl View Post
Please give model #, I think that washer is based on Maytag but not sure. Maytag have had balance problems.
Pugs,

Believe you are correct on the Maytag design. At least that is what we were told when we purchased the washer.

Make: Crosley
Model: CW6000

Purchased in 2000.

Old 08-29-08, 03:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 13
1st look for a Aww or Ayw something after model # if needed at least the a part. You have the machine that has the problem. Open lid and see if basket is leaning off to a side someway. Here is a link to your machine
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...Number=CW6000a
Might not be right machine I gyessed in the a part of model #. Look under base and parts 18 and 34 are what you need. Had me confused when you said 4 springs there are 6 springs on this model. Springs and snubber are a pain to change. Can give a break down on repair it you want.

Old 09-06-08, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the tips. You are correct there are 6 springs. What I have done so far is lubricate the self leveling foot mechanism and significant improvement has been observed. Yes the tub does lean to one side so I will contact repair man and have the springs and snubber changed.