Can I place a new Referigerator in Garage? Answer TODAY please!

Old 08-31-08, 06:05 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can I place a new Referigerator in Garage? Answer TODAY please!

Hello guys:

I am getting the delivery of the Refrigerator today from Sears. Here is the link for it: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...89000&sLevel=0

I would really like to place it in the Garage but I have hearing that I should not. Any thoughts? I live in Virginia. Once delivering it would be very hard to move due to its size and therefore I would prefer the advise today.

Your fast advise would be very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Old 08-31-08, 08:39 AM
M
yes. you can put it in the garage. just make sure it is grounded properly. i would maybe put it up on some bricks. get it off of the ground.

Old 08-31-08, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Whether it would be a good idea to put in your garage would depend on how cold it got in there.

A refrigerator is designed to be operated in what would be considered "normal" room temperature.
If it ever got below say the mid 60's F you run the risk of problems, not to mention warranty concerns.
If the temperature were to go lower than what the fridge operated at that would worse.

Ya, I know people will relate stories about what they got away with but I personally would not risk this on a new unit.

Old 08-31-08, 05:20 PM
G
Most likely you will have problems in the winter time. The thermostat in the refrigerator section will satisfy in the cold garage and the unit will not run. This will result in a thawing freezer.

Old 09-01-08, 03:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I have to turn the small one off in my shop when the temps get lower. It doesn't cool efficiently after that point. But I only use it to keep cold water in during the summer, anyway. As Greg says, it depends on where you live and if the garage is insulated/heated or not.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: