Whirlpool wahing machine fluff problem

Old 09-07-08, 02:31 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool wahing machine fluff problem

Hi .

I have inherited a Whirlpool extra large capacity top loading washing machine. Every wash that I put in gets covered in fluff. I was wondering if there was any way I could make sure this doesn't happen I clean it out with a cloth every wash but the fluff still comes back. Is there a filter that I am not cleaning out of is this normal with one of these machines?

Cheers

Ian

Old 09-07-08, 04:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
I can't think of any filters in your machine. The only thing I an guess at is that there is something stuck under basket that coming apart. Please give model # so we can xee what machine you have.

Old 09-07-08, 05:22 AM
I
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can't find a serial number so I thought a picture might help.

The white fluff is very bad on synthetic materials, it sticks to eveything. I am careful about what I put in the wash too but I suppose there is fabric loss on any material (filters on tumble driers spring to mind)

Cheers

Old 09-07-08, 09:48 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Unrelated, from pic: You left the blue shrink plastic on the control panel on purpose?, to get it from getting marred? Or didn't you know that peels off to reveal white underneath?

Old 09-07-08, 10:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Model # is top number under back of lid on cabinet. Anyway there are no filters in your machine, Water dose not recur late in machine. Only wat for fluff to get in machine is something under basket or something coming off clothes you put in. Just thought of something clean out the fabric softner dispenser on top of agitator. It will pop off and than you can clean it and the hole in agitator. might help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: