Bosch WFB 2004 tripping fuse

Old 09-07-08, 11:14 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Bosch WFB 2004 tripping fuse

Hi all

After some advice on this one, Basically we did a hot wash at 90 deg followed by a quick wash, all was fine all washes completed ok, a few days later we came to do another wash plugged the machine in turned it on at the plug all fine so far, but when we come to turn the machine on at the on/off button it throws the main trip out at the fuse box, iv got the lid of the machine and all seems fine inside, im not really to sure what to look for in a washing machine. It has had very limited use coming to me from my grandmother who didnt use the machine for any hard work, small loads maybe once or twice a week over a couple of years, can anyone offer me some pointers on what to look for pls.

Many thanks

Brett

Old 09-07-08, 12:18 PM
R
just to add to that, when switching on from the machine on/off button i read a resistance of 2k ohms accross the mains wires

Old 09-07-08, 01:31 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I am not sure of how to interpret your reading other than the fact high current draw, that can trip fuses, requires less ohms. A dead short of 0 ohms is what really will trip the fuse. Now just because you hit the switch and it trips does mean anything is wrong with the switch. If the motor was seized up, then I could see it tripping. Do you hear a hum right before it trips? Maybe you can remove access panel to see if that might be the case?

Is this a portable unit? As you say about plugging it in. If so, maybe the current draw is pretty high on this unit and the circuit is shared with other stuff and some other stuff is running on that circuit, overloading it. It does not mean that you have more stuff plugged into that outlet. You can have something on that circuit elsewhere, on another outlet(s). Coffeemaker - any number of things.

Washing machine. I thought this was a dishwasher! Everything I said still applies

Old 09-07-08, 04:28 PM
R
i would also expect a direct short to be taking the fuse out like it is, and the fuse trips instantly no noise or anything. Over here in the uk the appliances plug directly into the wall sockets, when the washing machine isnt in use the socket is used for a kettle and im pretty sure its not from circuit overload.

Old 09-07-08, 05:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Not up to speed on UK appliances. Are you on 240 or 120 Volts there?

Old 09-07-08, 05:34 PM
R
240v 3 pin, fuse in plug and a main fuse board (13 amp plug fuse doesnt blow)

Old 09-08-08, 09:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
I am guessing that this is a front loader. Look under top or front kick panel for a tech sheet. It will help with diagnosing. The only laundry appliances we have here are dryers and 120 works motor and controls, 240 works heater. If you can find tech sheet there should be wiring diagram there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: