another kenmore question

Old 09-07-08, 06:27 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
another kenmore question

The tub in a Kenmore washing machine #110.16512690 that I am working on is leaning towards the front of the machine. I asssume the machine was not leveled during operation for quite some time. When the tub is filling, the water is hitting the top of the tub, and soaking the floor underneath. The front was lower than the rear when I picked it up. I tried leveling it and still the tub leans forward. I am wanting to get the top including the lid off the machine to take the tub out and look to see if there are any springs than I can replace. I can't see much from the exploded view on the Sears website. It does appear that there are 4 screws holding the top on but it loks impossible to get to without doing something else. Can someone guide me through the process of removing the tub from this model?
Thank you in advance.

Old 09-08-08, 04:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
here is a link to cabinet removal. discard all the rest until you need it.
http://repair2000.com/coupling.html
let us know how things are going.

Old 09-08-08, 07:03 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Thank you for the link. I will let you know how it goes. I will have to wait until this coming weekend to work on it....

Old 09-09-08, 03:41 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Forgot to mention tilt the machine to until you hear a click from back of machine. That will reset the rear self leveling legs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: