kenmore electric stove eye and clock..

Old 09-08-08, 11:53 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
kenmore electric stove eye and clock..

aren't working. It is the front right large eye that doesn't work sometimes. At times I have to push down and into where the element goes into the plug in.
At times the clock on the front does not work; at times it does. If it doesn't; I have to hit on the front of the display or just push on the dial that turns on the stove. It sometimes comes on.

Old 09-12-08, 02:08 PM
K
I'd like to thank everyone for there help on my stove not working.

Old 09-12-08, 05:58 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sorry that nobody responded so far.

It often helps if you give make, model, and about how old the unit is. And if the range functions (including the clock) used to work when you owned it.

I have never heard of that "eye" term. I don't follow what you mean that you are doing exactly, and what this accomplishes, in your second sentence, either.

Do you simply desire the clock on the stove to work? Or is this also making it to where the oven elements don't work because of it?

Old 09-18-08, 06:46 AM
K
model # is: 911.4658816
Instead of saying "eye", I should have said burner. I'm having trouble with the front; right burner. When I turn on the burner; at times it won't come on (heat up). If I jiggle it by pressing down on it and wiggle it, it starts to heat up. It is the plug in burner. When I pull out the burner, the ends look pitted a little.

I guess I could try this:
Problem: One of the range burners isn't heating up.
Solution: If you have the type of stove that has hardwired burners, turn the breaker OFF and check the leads on the burner - one could be off or loose. If you have the plug-in type burners, check the terminals and the connections there. If everything is tight and looks sound with no corrosion, then check the switch. Leave the power to the oven OFF and open up the control panel. Inspect for any burned or broken wires. Next, with your handy VOM (volt-ohm meter), have the setting on RX1, remove the L1 and L2 leads from a working switch and place the probes on the two leads. Check it on each heat setting. Now compare those readings with the switch that isn't working. They should be the same - if not, the switch is bad. Don't forget, when removing the old switch, record all the information in a notebook for easier installation of the new one. If the switch is good and all of the connections are clean and good, you can check the burner itself. With the burner removed from the terminals (or unscrewed from the wires), place the VOM probes (still on RX1) on the burnerís terminals. You should get a reading somewhere between 10 and 70 ohms. If so, the burner is OK.

The other problem is the digital clock on the front of the stove.
The clock/timer on a stove can be either digital or mechanical. Mine is digital. It fades in and out----I'm talking reading the digital clock/timer. If I press the knob on the front of the stove at times it comes back on. "I'm talking about the 4 knobs that control the burners on the top." Is the ERC bad? Do I need to turn off power and pull stove/oven out and take off the front panel and do something to this? what?

Thanks, Kyle

Old 09-18-08, 05:52 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If your 2 prongs on the burner are pittted, the recepticle for it is bound to be shot. These recepticles are held in by one screw and they are a standard replacement part at appliance shops. They cost under $10 I beleive (still). They wire in easy. Only 2 wires to cut and wire nut back together. If you have ever changed out an electrical outlet, you can also do this.

If your clock gets better by pushing on burner knobs, it sounds to me like some bad connection. They may have jumper wired off the burner control wires to the clock and there might be something loose. Maybe the heat coming up and out of the oven door expanded something loose. Just unplug the stove and try to access and look around and pull on and off wires and see if any just easily slip off spade connectors. If so, scrunch it closed a little with pliers and reinsert.

Old 09-18-08, 11:29 PM
K
Thanks for your help.

I'll try this Mon. afternoon when I have time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: