Whirlpool Washer Wont Stop Filling

Old 09-14-08, 02:46 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Washer Wont Stop Filling

My washer is a model number SM8280869. I did a load of laundry and it overflowed major on my carpet. Let me give you some backstory though:

We moved to a new house and got a second hand set washer and dryer from an Aunt. It worked fine for her. We installed it and did one small load. Worked fine. I did another load tonight and it wouldn't stop filling... it just flowed all over my floor before I caught it.

So now, it over fills and wont go to agitate. However, if I put it on spin it will spin the water out and all is well. I did notice some clumps of gray stuff (lint looking) in the load after the spin cycle. It does stop filling when I push the knob in. No water valve shut off needed.

I read that it could just be a slipped hose but I don't know how to get to this mystery hose. Could this be what it is and if so where is it? If not, what else could it be?

Old 09-14-08, 11:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Check your model # I think you have the serial # model # is just above that 1. Need to see what machine you have but there might be 2 screws in the front corners of consul, if they are there take them out and consul will pull toward you and tilt up and back. plastic hose will connect to water level switch. If hos is just hanging there plug it in and try machine. Moving washers can cause hose to come off. let us know what is happening or give model# so we can help with tear down Hose will be under consul.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: