GE Refrigerator reset code

Old 09-14-08, 07:29 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Refrigerator reset code

Hi .... I have a GE side by side refrigerator model number GSL25WGPH. It seems to be running constantly again. A few years ago I had a repair call on the same type problem and had the mother board replaced on the first call and had it reset on another call. The mother board has been replaced again within the last year so I'm looking at trying to reset the cycling. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do it. As I recall, the repair person held down the digital settings for the freezer and refrigerator for a few seconds. I don't want to do this unless someone can verify it for me.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 09-17-08, 06:02 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
According to my owners manual the controls can be locked so the setting cannot be changed.
1) set the controlled to the desired settings
2) press and hold the lock pad for 3 seconds
when the controls are locked the indicator light will come on and the control setting will not be displayed.

to unlock, press and hold the lock pad for 3 seconds, the indicator light will go out and the setting will illuminate and can be changed.

If your refridge is constantly running you probably have another problem. Pull out the refridge and look for a lot of dust on the coils near the fan motor. I find some of the self defrosting units don't get all the ice melted off and need to be shut off with the door open for a few hours one a year to melt it.
Some of these repairmen are also part salesman.
good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: