refridgerator too cold

Old 09-16-08, 06:08 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
refridgerator too cold

I have a Magic Chef fridge that has always been set on 4 inside the fridge but lately everything keeps freezing and I tried turning up the number with no luck. Also i noticed that frost is starting to form in the freezer which has never happened before. ANy suggestions?

Old 09-17-08, 07:16 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The thermostat located in the top ceiling of the fridge compartment is the only thing that can cause this. That is THE only thing that can make a fridge 'run on' longer than it should -and that is what is happening. You should be able to adjust the stat. There should be a tiny eyeglass screw up there with the word "colder", with an arrow next to it, showing which way to go. (I know there is for White Consolidated Kelvinator and Gibson brands) I have successfully changed the stat setting in fridges that are way below freezing in the fridge section.

The reason you may have freezing going on up top, is now that the fridge section is freezing, the defrost drain cup, located further back at the top rear of the fridge section is now frozen, and defrost water has backed up and refroze.

So the root cause to your entire troubles is the thermostat, for sure. Common problem, at least for me, it has been.

Last edited by ecman51; 09-17-08 at 07:39 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: