GE washer leaks.

Old 09-19-08, 11:12 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE washer leaks.

I have a GE model WJSR2080V1WW which leaks. I'm trying to get the tub out to replace the seal. Is there some kind of secret to getting the hub nut off? It says loosen with an arrow pointing in the direction to turn but it wont budge. Any ideas?

Old 09-19-08, 03:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
1st are you sure it's leaking out the seal. Most GE leak out overflow tube in the spin cycle. What causes that is the brake assy in transmission is bad, needs trany. Your qasher has a left hand nut and I did one a couple of days ago. Took 2 of us to get nut off. one guy holding tub and one guy hitting wrench with a 2 pound hammer. Let us know how repair goes.Don't be surprised if tub is stuck on also. Have had to break tub to get some of them off.

Old 09-20-08, 09:27 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE washer leaks

Thanks for the info, I thought it was just me. When my wife came home and seen it still wouldn't come apart she explained that it only leaked when she let it sit over night with some things soaking. Being the impatient person she is, she wanted it back together because she needed to use it. I put some liquid wrench on it and let it sit over night. Still wouldn't come off. So I cleaned it up put it back together and ran a couple of cycles. No leaking. I guess there will be no more soaking. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: