Kenmore heavy duty 60 series no drain no spin

Old 09-21-08, 09:49 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore heavy duty 60 series no drain no spin

Kenmore model 11091566200 at first stopped the spin part of the cycle, with repeated depressing of the lid switch and turning cycle knob several times I was able to get the washer to spin. It did not completely spin the water out of the clothes as usual. Now it will not drain or spin.
I appreciate any help
jnte

Old 09-21-08, 05:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
If you push a pen or small screwdriver down hold where lid switch is dose it spin? be sure to set timer to spin first. If dose spin you need a lid switch. You might have to put your fingers between top and tub and push up the switch. here is a link to your machine, Part 11 is what you need
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...b%20Components
let us know how repair went.

Old 09-22-08, 03:17 PM
J
No luck, it doesn't spin with depressing the lid switch with the cycle knob on the spin setting. There is no sound like a click or anysound letting me know it's trying to activate?? Any other thoughts?

Old 09-22-08, 04:07 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by jnte5678 View Post
Kenmore model 11091566200 at first stopped the spin part of the cycle, ...
Could you say WHEN, in regard to the spin cycle? It pretty much would seem that if it is not the lid switch it be the timer. But be sure it is not, and that the lid switch is not sporadically working one minute and not the next. That is where bypass jumping comes in handy.

Each of these two things relies on contacts inside that, when starting to go bad, one minute may be making good contact, but not the next. Or if it stopped while it was working, you renewed good contact again for the moment by having the points inside bang back together in a microscopic different position. Probably arced contact points inside the timer. I had that just the other day.

I Took part of a washer timer case apart, the other day, to reveal about 16 or so timer points, some of which were arced. ($130 for a new one, appliance shop said) Too hard to file and I would have needed to chance it and totaly remove the points/harness plug assembly, and hope I could reassemble, which can be tricky. Landlady did not want me spending time on it as she hates big bills, and she is sending her tenants down to the city she lives in to pick up a new one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: