Kenmore Washer Problem

Old 09-23-08, 08:46 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Washer Problem

I have a front load washer model 417.43052200 that every time I do a load of wash now fills the fabric softner holder full of water. I have to remove the tray and empty it before the next load. Is there any thing I can check.

Many thanks for your help!

Old 09-23-08, 01:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
The softner works on a siphon be sure that the holes are clean. Take drawer out and clean it all, put some water in softner to line when add some more to see siphon works. Very small chance of diver valve is bad. 5 years have never changed one.

Old 09-24-08, 07:57 AM
B
Thank you for your help! Where would the pickup line be located, above? When you pull the tray out the it has two small lift outholders for the bleach and softner. I pulled it out and cleaned it good. Thanks!

Old 09-24-08, 05:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Never had any reason to take dispenser apart I would guess the fill tube is on the top.

Old 10-01-08, 06:20 AM
B
Washer Fabric Softner tray fills with water

Originally Posted by Bigdog1 View Post
Thank you for your help! Where would the pickup line be located, above? When you pull the tray out the it has two small lift outholders for the bleach and softner. I pulled it out and cleaned it good. Thanks!
I checked two pickup holes located above the softner tray and put a plastic wire up in to make sure they were clear. I retried the washer and the fabric softner tray fills full of water again. I have to remove the whole tray and dump the water out again before the next load. Has any one had this problem before? Any info would be helpfull!

Thanks

Old 10-01-08, 01:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In the drawer the softner tops are where the siphon holes are. You need to take the plastic tops off and clean them. there will be a small amount of water left in drawer. Kep us posted on rerpairs

Last edited by pugsl; 10-02-08 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-02-08, 11:16 AM
B
Still have probem

Originally Posted by pugsl View Post
In the drawer the softner tops are where the siphon holes are. You need to take the plastic tops off and clean them. there will be a small amount of water left in drawer. Kep us posted on rerpairs
I pulled the drawer out and removed both the softner and bleach trays and cleaned both of them out also. The washer never had water in the tray like that before until a couple weeks ago, it fills the softner tray up past the top. I will remove the tray and soak in in hot water and see if it helps. Again thanks for your input! Have a good day.

Old 10-02-08, 02:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
With the drawer out you can test them by putting a little water in softner sopt up to line than add a little more to see if siphon starts.

Old 10-03-08, 07:50 AM
B
I fixed it!

I pulled the main tray out and then the softner tray out of it. There is a post in back that holds the softner tray in place with a hole down the center of it. I looked at the bleach center was clear and the softner center wasn't. I took a Q-tip and ran it down the center and it pushed out some stuff. If you look at the under side of the main tray it angles to a sharp corner and that's were it plugs up.
I called Sears 1-800 number in the begining and after talking to five people who would NOT help me, all they wanted to do was send a tech out. The problem isn't listed in the washer paper work either. It's easy to do and and saves a service call!
Many thanks for your help in this matter I would have bought you a drink of choice if I could. Thanks again and I wish you good Karma for your help. I hope this helps some else who is having the same problem. This site does work!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: